Belize City (Water Taxi & Airport)
Belize is located on the Caribbean coast of northern Central America at 17°15′ north of the equator and 88°45′ west of the Prime Meridian on the Yucatán Peninsula. When you arrive at the Philip Goldson International Airport, docks or anywhere in Belize City, there are a number of options to get to San Ignacio Town’s popular resorts, by land or air.
Whether you are traveling from the airport, water taxi, hotel or any area in Belize City, the most popular, cost effective and comfortable way of getting to San Ignacio Town is by shuttle services provided by Tukan Shuttles & Adventures.
Travel smoothly in a comfortable air-conditioned, modern vehicle from anywhere in Belize and enjoy the scenic highways with glimpses of the Maya Mountains and the Belize Rainforest.
The drive Belize City to San Ignacio Town is approximately two hours.
We offer free pickups within Belize City limits. An additional fee may be included for pickup in areas not within the City limits.
San Ignacio Town, known as the heart and soul of the Cayo District, is located on the banks of the Macal River in western Belize. It is linked to the town of Santa Elena by the metal suspension Hawksworth Bridge. This buzzing town is surrounded by top tourist attractions. It takes approximately a 10-minute walk from downtown San Ignacio to Cahal Pech Mayan Site. It is also home to popular restaurants and hotels and approximately one-hour drive to other popular Mayan sites like Xunantunich and the ATM Cave.
Whatever your taste for recreation is, San Ignacio has something for you!
Tukan Shuttles & Adventures offers shuttle services from Belize City to San Ignacio Town. For more information about the cost and how to get from Belize City to San Ignacio Town, do not hesitate to contact Tukan Shuttles & Adventures.
Other options for travelling to San Ignacio Town from Belize City:
- Flying via Tropic Air from Belize City to San Ignacio is an hour (without any delay time) and costs over $90USD per person, one way. Flights can be scheduled from the International or Municipal Airport in Belize. Travelling by plane is recommended for those looking for a faster way of getting to their destination but at a higher price.
- Traveling by public transportation (bus) from Belize City to San Ignacio is around 7USD. If you are travelling from the Philip Goldson International Airport, Belize Water Taxi or your hotel, you can get a taxi to take you to the Belize City bus terminal.
- Taxi Prices:
- International Airport to Belize City Bus Terminal: Approximately $50USD
- Belize Water Taxi to Belize City Bus Terminal: $5USD
- Hotels within Belize City limits to Belize City Bus Terminal: Approximately $5USD
Depending on the time of your arrival at the bus terminal, you can get on an “express” or “regular” bus. There are several bus companies that travel to San Ignacio Town at scheduled times. Be sure to get on the bus that has a sign marked Belmopan or Benque. Public transportation is recommended for tourists who pack light and it is cost effective for those who are not in a rush. There will be one stop at the Belmopan bus terminal (if in express bus, regular bus will make several stops along the way) and the route continues with a number of stops along the way before you reach your destination.
Shuttle Quotation Request